Thursday, July 9, 2015

Three Healthy "Ice Cream" Recipes!

It's been more than a minute since I've made a food post but I absolutely had to share these recipes with you guys. I spend the whole summer craving something cold in the hot weather but I always want a healthier option that won't leave me feeling gross and bloated. These are three alternatives I've been turning to so much this summer and I hope you'll feel the same way about them too!


Greek Yogurt Popsicles


You Will Need:
Greek Yogurt
Purred Strawberries
Purred Blueberries
Popsicle Mold
Straws 





For this super simple recipe all you're going to need to do is layer your three ingridents until you've filled you're popsicle molds to the top.




I used straws as a replacement for popsicle sticks but either works fine.










I love these so much because they are so cool and delicious on a summer day and surprisingly filling.








Chocolate "Ice Cream"

You Will Need:
1 Frozen Banana
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder

















Keeping very simple once again all you need to do is blend your two ingredients until you get a smooth creamy consistency similar to soft serve ice cream.




I served and ate mine right from the blender put if you put this mixture in the freezer for a couple hours you'll get a solid ice cream consistency.






Watermelon Sorbet

You Will Need:
Frozen Watermelon
Agave or Honey








Blend your watermelon until everything is blended into a sorbet consistency, top with your agave or honey and enjoy!



This is such a refreshing dessert for the summertime and I have been craving it so much!







I hope you enjoyed these recipes! Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to do any more food related posts!

PS : Thank you so much for getting me to a year of blogging and hopefully another one to come!

-K

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten, I love your blog feed. This last one about making summer treats was great. My all-time fave, which I still use, was about how to clean make up brushes. Just wanted to let you know and hope you're having a great summer!

    Xoxo, Shelly

    www.shellystuckman.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think your blog is so amazing and I'm always looking at it for fashion inspiration!

      Delete
  3. Kirsten, I love your blog feed. This last one about making summer treats was great. My all-time fave, which I still use, was about how to clean make up brushes. Just wanted to let you know and hope you're having a great summer!

    Xoxo, Shelly

    www.shellystuckman.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik