Friday, February 6, 2015

Valentines Day Treat Ideas!

Valentines Day is coming up and one great thing that comes along with it is sweets. I thought I'd show you two different treat ideas to treat yourself our your friends and loved ones this Valentines Day.


Red Velvet Heart Shaped Pancakes:




For Ingredients You Will Need:

1 Cup Pancake Mix
2/3 Cup Water
1 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Dash of Cinnamon
Red Food Dye
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters



Now this recipe can totally vary depending on how many pancakes you want to make or what kind of pancake mix you use or if you make your own pancake mix. The important part is what you add after the base mix.




I started off by adding all the dry ingredients together. (Pancake mix, cocoa powder, and cinnamon)









In the same bowl I just added my water and my vanilla.










I then added a generous amount of red food dye until I got my desired color. If you have the patience you can keep adding dye until it turns red, but I decided to leave it pink.







On a greased pan I placed my cookie cutters. You want to make sure you use metal cookie cutters and grease your cookie cutters to avoid anything sticking.









Pour your batter into your cookie cutters and let the first side cook. You can try to spread  it out to create a thinner pancake but in the cookie cutters they generally end up being thicker.








I ended up having to cut a little off the edges to keep the perfect heart shape. My recipe makes two large and one small pancake. I was eating this on my own and I was completely full after one of these pancakes so keep that in mind.






This is the finished product. I added syrup and icing sugar because what's pancakes without added sugar.










Valentines Day Pink Milkshake:





For Ingredients You Will Need:

1/2 of Milk
3 to 4 Scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
Red Food Dye
Whipped Cream
Sprinkles









I started off with about four scoops of vanilla ice cream but it's totally up to preferance exactly how much you add.
















I then added the rest of the ingredients before blending it all together in my blender. I used coconut milk simply because I don't like having to much dairy as well as I prefer the taste but regular milk will work exactly the same.















My recipe ended up not making a full cup so you may want to add more ice cream and milk if you want more, but it is a very rich drink and I didn't find myself thinking I needed more.















I topped my milkshake off with whipped cream and sprinkles but it's optional if you don't have any or don't want any.













I hope you got some ideas and try these treats out for Valentines Day! If you have any favorite treats you love for Valentines Day please leave them down below.


Thank You,


-K

2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik